Thursday, May 3, 2012

End of the world?

Like REM sang, "It's the end of the world, as we know it".....

Someone recently asked me this question.  "What do you think will happen in December 2012.  Do you think the world will end?"

I don't believe the end of the world will happen this year....besides, I'm not ready for it, yet! Ha!

I think it's more the way we interpret things. We humans, often, have a way of clutching to negativity and have a hard time letting go. 

However, I do believe it is a time for some serious change. I think, again, as humans we have depleted much of what our way of life depends upon. We are a broke nation, an impoverished world...financially, spiritually and mentally in many ways. I think it's a wake up call to look at what we have and appreciate it.

I also believe the earth is fighting back; she's hitting us with erratic weather that is altering our world. In my opinion, it's forcing us to review our belief's and what we hold dear.

I think this in turn will also help us challenge what has been commonly accepted as religious and spiritual truths. I think we will turn from a more religious based society to a more spiritually directed society.

I think people are going to become more in tune with their intuition and more and more are going to be able to see through the thin veil that separates most from the other side; the deceased friends and family, spirit guides, and even universal forces or God.

I believe eyes are opening to the possibilities that there is something better to connect with than just money and greed and this will change the way people behave.

All in all, I do think change will happen. But, I think it's partly because of the belief that the world may end. I don't think it will. I think we will continue living. It is our choice to make the world a better place, and the earth is going to pummel us until we understand that.

No comments:

Post a Comment