Thursday, October 27, 2011

A little mind-vacation

If you are anything like me, money has been a little tight in the downturned economy.  So, vacation, once again, has been moved to the back burner to the chagrin of the entire family. 

When I think of vacation I imagine the warmth of a beautiful sun, a sparkling ocean, the sound of gentle waves lapping up the white sand, the fresh smell of salt and coconuts, striped wooden and sailcloth chaise lounge chairs, a cooling breeze, and amusement park rides.  Yes, I said it; amusement park rides.  How quickly I just changed your vision of where I was. 

Images are sometimes symbolic of feelings.  When reading about the exquisite beach you probably began to feel relaxed.  Then, bam!  I hit you with all the craziness of roller coasters, screaming kids, sunburn, and chaos.  For me, that's fun.  Having the best of both worlds.

Today, go on a vacation in your mind.  Imagine the perfect location.  What would it look like?  What does it smell like?  What does it sound like?  What does it taste like?  And finally, how does it feel?  What does it feel like to be in this amazing place?  Does it feel relaxing?  Exciting?  Fulfilling?  After you check in with yourself and note how you feel it's up to you to decide whether to stay there.  One of the luxuries of vacationing in your mind is you can travel anywhere....even outer space!

If your vacation felt great, go there everyday!  Add a little happiness to your life by taking the perfect trip; even if it is only in your mind!

No comments:

Post a Comment